Updates to home phone pricing
We will update our home phone prices from time to time, due to wholesale cost changes and the UK market. Notifications will appear on this page and customers should visit on a regular basis. This page takes precedence over other pricing information on this website.
23 January 2012
We wrote to you recently to advise that your customer account for broadband and telephone services transferred to us, Global 4 Communications Ltd. This is a result of a business acquisition (from Pipex UK Ltd) which completed in January 2012. Global 4 are a successful telecoms company who provide a UK based support model to a large number of residential clients under the brand name Home Telecom. You will notice very little change to your service, except that in future the name Home Telecom will now appear on your monthly bill, and we, Global 4 Communications Ltd will now be collecting your monthly direct debits.
Please note that all pricing and client terms and conditions remain unchanged. If you have any concerns at all please do not hesitate to call our support line on 01403 216138.
01 July 2011
From 1st July, calls to 118118 will cost 55p per call, plus £1.50 per minute.
01 January 2011
Correct as at 4th January 2011
Posted 3rd December 2010
The UK government is to increase VAT from 17.5% to 20% from 4th January 2011. Fees and call charges will change from this date to include the higher rate.
General Notes about Pricing
- Prices will change from time to time, so please note that the pricing updates page takes precedence over all pricing information on this website.
- Local and National means UK numbers starting 01, 02 and 03.
- Calls to numbers starting 0845 / 0870 / 070 are not inclusive.
- Call rates are quoted in pence per minute, unless otherwise stated, and are inclusive of VAT.
- 9.45p call connection fee applies to all chargeable calls, excluding inclusive/free calls and any charged with a higher fixed fee per call (e.g. some TV voting lines).
- Calls to UK mobiles are charged at the rate of the network who first issued the number.
- All chargeable calls are rounded up to the next minute.
Charging periods (unless otherwise stated)
- Daytime means 6am-6pm on weekdays.
- Evening means 6pm-6am, on weekdays.
- Weekend means midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.
- Calls to UK mobiles, 0845 and 0870 numbers are charged at Daytime or Evening rate seven days a week.
- Rates in this price list do not apply to calls made with Operator Assistance (including Reverse Charges), or those made using a prefix (e.g. 1xxx).
- An active BT, Pipex from Home Telecom or equivalent phone line is required.